For the last few months I’ve been slacking with my blog, so I’m trying to get back into it this month!
One of my favourite things to post are book tags, so I’m starting off with one I saw on my friend Amy’s blog. Please do head over and give her a follow, she creates some incredible content!
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like?
It will come as no surprise to some of you, but I just didn’t get on with The Cruel Prince. I know it is SUPER hyped but unfortunately I didn’t get it.
2. A popular book or series that everyone else seems to hate but you love?
I’m not sure if people hate this book/series, but I don’t see it around at all. I discovered The Jewel last summer when I was on holiday and I FLEW through it. I bought the sequel the next day! This book needs more love.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR a OTP that you don’t like?
We all know I detest triangles, but Snow Like Ashes seriously p*ssed me off. (SPOILER) Meira was in love with Mather since forever and then suddenly those feelings are GONE and the new guy – who I did not like – was the love of her life. Just NO! It didn’t make sense and it ultimately made me hate the book.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for?
Sci-fi. I definitely CAN enjoy it, but it’s not usually for me and I’m not drawn to it.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like?
I never warmed to Juliette from Shatter Me. She was just kind of annoying and her actions were entirely stupid. I also hate Warner and don’t understand the love for him. I never picked up the second book and don’t plan to.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into?
Cassandra Clare. Ok hear me out before you get the pitchforks! I’ve never read any of her books and I own The Mortal Instruments box set. But I don’t feel that pull towards them and I just don’t really care. I’m sorry if she’s your fave, but it bothers me that you have to read the books in order of publication. I just don’t want to invest all of my time catching up with books that I’m seriously not bothered by.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing?
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading?
I loved ACOTAR and its sequel. I tried with TOG and just didn’t feel the same.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I read The Princess Diaries when I was very young and whilst I loved it, I think the movie is spectacular. Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews just make this movie and I rewatch it a few times a year!
Ah I really enjoyed this tag! It feels so great to get back into blogging ☺️
Hope you enjoyed! Until next time 💜